Welcome to my blog!
I am proud to be the Mayor of Guelph, and I am always amazed at the passion Guelphites have for our city. I hope this blog will be a place to share information and engage in a positive dialogue about our city.
A few things about the blog:
- I welcome your comments. Please note that comments will be moderated to filter spam and inappropriate language.
- This blog will not post personal attacks against members of City staff or Council. It’s fair game to discuss the quality and effectiveness of our services and programs, and to disagree with Council decisions and explain why. However, attacks on an individual’s integrity will not be posted. Members of Council and City staff make significant contributions to this community and on this blog I will ensure they are given the respect they are due.
- Remember to follow the Golden Rule – treat others in the way you would like to be treated.
- Tell us who you are – the internet offers a great opportunity to increase trust in government through enhanced transparency and accountability but not if we won’t be accountable for our comments. Anonymous postings, for good reasons, cause us to distrust the motives of the individual behind the post. We live in a society where we are free to participate in our democratic process without fear of retaliation. Let’s defend that right by using it.
- Any comments you post on the blog will not become part of the public record. If you have input that you would like to be part of the record, or to be addressed by Council or City staff, please send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a particular concern, question or issue that you would like my office to address, please send me an e-mail or call my office at 519-837-5643.
I will be the primary author of the blog, but from time to time you will see posts and comments from the staff in the Mayor’s Office.
It’s important to note that the opinions I express in this blog are mine and mine alone, and do not represent the official positions of the City of Guelph or Guelph City Council.
I am excited about this blog and its potential to boost two-way communication between the Mayor’s Office and the community.