It is the end of the year and lots of groups are reporting on their service to the community.
This one is from Trees for Guelph.
The City of Guelph provides funding to Trees for Guelph to assist in our goal to grow our urban forest and tree canopy.
Some highlights of 2011:
- 11 schools involved in plantings
- 2700 elementary and high school students involved (fantastic!)
- 100 volunteer planters from industry, business and neighbourhoods
- 5316 hardy, native trees and shrubs planted (71% on city parks and green spaces)
- 1306 wildflower plub transplants (6622 plants)
Other partners included: McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Grand River Conservation Authority, Upper Grand District School Board and the Wellington Catholic District School Board.
Their Executive Summary is attached: